High five! Let me know you got this.
Now for a different type of challenge.
You’re all muckrakers!! Now let’s make music videos great again!!
- Go to the Goodwill store. Slack me as soon as you get there.
- Pick a song from the list below. MP3s are available here.
- At Goodwill, buy one of the items listed for that song.
- Learn the dance of that song; watch the music video!
- Record your music video.
- Upload to this folder on Google Drive.
- Slack message to Thai with the name of the file.
- He’ll verify/enjoy/cringe at the submission and send you the next answer.
“We will have so much winning once we see the music videos that you may get bored with winning”
- Item(s) purchased at Goodwill should not exceed $30 (submit your receipt for reimbursement).
- Item(s) purchased at Goodwill should be worn/used in music video
- Dance moves must be included in music video
- Every team member must be substantially shown in music video
You have 60 minutes. We will NOT give you the next answer or location for at least 60 minutes from when you tell me you’re at Goodwill so don’t half-ass it. Make it good. This is for posterity!
Tip: You can play the music on one phone and record it with another held right next to each other to get the song into the video.
|Artist||Song||Goodwill Item||“Dance” Move|
R Kelly sheets
|ride a scooter|
|Vanilla Ice||Ice Ice Baby
|baggy cargo pants
neon t shirt
|coordinated twirls & sweet footwork|
|Los Del Rio||Macarena
|costume items of: policeman, construction worker, cowboy, Indian, leatherman or G.I.||YMCA|
|any coordinated dance|
|Taylor Swift||Shake It Off
old school boom box
|Haddaway||What is Love?
leopard print anything
|Soulja Boy||Crank That
baggy logo tshirt
|<watch the video>|
pastel colored blazer
|Rick Astley||Never Gonna Give You Up
|Rick Astley shuffle|